JAF was pleased to support John Champe High School’s 1st annual Mental Wellness Week by providing Laugh More buttons, resource materials and free yoga to staff and students. JCHS is a brand new high school in Loudoun County. Their Director of School Counseling was Josh’s counselor at South Lakes HS and is a firm believer in the need to provide education and resources to teens so they will never turn to suicide.
Day 1 – Welcome to Mental Wellness Week
• My Personal Strengths Checklist
• Think Positive Poem
Day 2 – How to Get…..HELP!
• National Suicide Prevention Lifeline cards
• JCHS Resource Pamphlet
• How to Report Suicide Users on Facebook
• Signs of Depressions / Warning Signs of Suicide
Day 3 – Coping With Stress
• Give students a “JCHS Stress Relief Kit”
• National Stress Out Day cards
Yoga after school
Day 4 – Laugh More!
• Laugh More button
• 23 Benefits of Laughter
• Laffy Taffy
Day 5 – Healthy Living